NO air-con curfew, less than 5 min walk from subway, attention to details, clean, friendly staff, near to amenities and places of interest, complimentary simple breakfast with Nutella
Inspired, designed and managed by backpackers, Gap Year backpacker hostel is a brand new design hostel located in a premium location. Newly renovated from a pre-war 2-storey shophouse with impressive floor to ceiling height, our 2800 sq feet hostel opens in October 2012.
Gap Year backpackers hostel strives to offer more than just clean accommodation and gives you the unique backpackers experience in the bustling city of Singapore.
- relaxing communal area where you can interact with people from various countries
- clean, cosy beds with individual reading lights and electrical outlets for all your gadgets
- NO “air-con curfew”, so you can set the temperature as low as you like any time of the day in your room
- complimentary high speed fibre optics broadband WIFI (with a backup WIFI network) even in your dorm
- complimentary breakfast to start the day
- complimentary coffee and tea all day
- electronic card access means added security and no curfew
- discounted prices for Singapore Attractions like Singapore Flyers, Zoo, Night Safari, Duck Tour, etc
- individual lockers for your valuables in dorm rooms
- hassle-free and casual stay in a safe and clean environment
Equipped with 24 hours CCTV and advance electronic fire system that directly links to the central fire station, your safety is our priority.
Our Key Design Philosophy
To preserve the unique spirit of communal area which cannot be found in other types of accommodation, alot of thoughts and effort are put into the design of the communal area and we had two. Cosy and comfortable, the main communal area serves bottled beer to fuel your interaction with fellow backpackers. It is a place for you to exchange stories, read a book, look up on your next destination, or just to have a drink.
In land scarce Singapore, our rooms are designed to be space efficient and with individual reading lights and electrical outlets for you to read or surf the web on your bunk, quality “me” time. Our rooms are furnished and lighted in such a way to facilitate your sleep as we believe that the main purpose of the rooms is to provide you with a good night rest.
We understand that Internet is so important to our guests to either plan for their traveling, catch up with families and friends or read up on the latest happenings. That’s why we have high speed fibre optics broadband to cater to your needs and we even have a backup network so that we can always stay connected. There are computers for your complimentary usage and free WIFI for your gadgets.